Why Linda Belcher’s Thanksgiving Song is a Masterpiece

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

If you’re as obsessed familiar with Bob’s Burgers as I am, you know that the show is full of songs that will be stuck in your head forever. Enter: Linda’s Thanksgiving song. It is a song, nay, ANTHEM that you will find on repeat in my house as we prepare for Thanksgiving. 

But why is this song the best Thanksgiving song? Not only does it have a the catchiest tune but the words are true lyrical genius.

“Pass the cranberry sauce, we’re having mashed potatoes” – They’ve hit the nail on the head with this one. Two of the best side dishes, one melodic line.

Oooh the Turkey looks great” – Again, Linda recognizes the Thanksgiving centerpiece.

Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being there” – Here, Linda shifts to the real focus of Thanksgiving; loved ones coming together to appreciate each other. 

You could say that Linda knocked this one out of the park. It’s a song about food and family and love. What could be better? So blast this on your loudest speakers and let Linda serenade you this Thanksgiving!