Valentine’s Outfits for Every Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

As another Valentine’s Day approaches, we can’t help but feel nostalgic. We think back to our grade school days of candy conversation hearts; Britney Spears Valentines; and of course, our obligatory, heart-covered, pink-red-and-white-all-over V-Day ensembles. While we’ve grown out of our love for printed turtlenecks and hot pink rhinestone barrettes, we will never grow out of our love for playing dress-up.

Treat yourself and make this Valentine’s Day your dress-up day. It is possible to play on the holiday theme without sporting red- and pink-colored braces (yikes), and you don’t need to have a hot date planned in order to dress the part during the day. Check out our favorite V-Day-inspired outfits for every style:

If your style is… Edgy

If your style is… Girly

If your style is… Classic

If your style is… Bohemian

If your style is… Funky

Be your wardrobe’s Valentine this year and treat it to one of these V-day-inspired outfits. A collegiette is never too old for dress-up!

Kate is the Associate Editor of Her Campus. Before joining the staff full-time, Kate was the Campus Correspondent for the HC Skidmore College chapter as well as an editorial intern, Love editor, and national contributing writer for HC. In addition to her work with Her Campus, Kate has been a Sex & Love stringer and digital editorial intern for WomensHealthMag.com and an Inner Circle Trendspotter for MTV. Kate graduated from Skidmore College summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa with a Bachelor of Arts in English and French. In her spare time, Kate is usually spotted writing fiction, playing tennis, reading pop culture blogs until her eyes hurt, baking cookies, or dreaming up her next travel adventure.
Audrey is a class of 2013 English major at Skidmore College. She has held several communications internships in her hometown of Nashville, TN, including ones at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, Nissan's North American Headquarters, and at Katcher Vaughn and Bailey Public Relations. In her free time, she loves to bake for family and friends, exercise by swimming, and loves all things Parisian. Audrey can't wait to continue her journalism experience with Her Campus as a campus correspondent. Having lived in Nashville, France and New York, Audrey has found a love for travel, and hopes to discover a new city after Skidmore where she plans to continue onto law school.