This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is once again upon us, collegiettes. Some of us lucky girls may have a big date planned for that special February evening, while others are choosing (choosing, right?) to go stag this year.

Even if you don’t have a special someone to embrace this Valentines Day, that’s no excuse not to embrace a chance to look the part! So even if you were planning on mourning your relationship status, spruce up your wardrobe (and attitude!) with these fun Valentine’s fashion statements!

Nails

Cute and so easy!

This look is so adorable, and only requires page-savers, which you can pick up at the SkidShop.

[pagebreak]

Tops

We love the subtle elbow patches! $68.00 Etsy.com

Professional enough for a business class while still being fun! $54.95 Gap

This shirt is perfect for going day to night! $30 Lulus.com

Dresses

If red isn’t your color, this dress is perfect for a date! $45 Lulus.com

Just add a little red lipstick and… Taylor Swift, anyone? $79.99 Modcloth.com

[pagebreak]

Shoes and Accessories

With a white top and jeans, this quirky purse is perfect to show V-day spirit! $24.80 Forever21

Just a pop of pink makes these shoes super cute. $39.99 Modcloth.com

Perfect for Valentines and early spring! $65.00 J.Crew

Who doesn’t love a little vintage? $51.99 Modcloth.com

No one likes a Valentine’s Day grump. Whether you’re in a loving relationship or not, take advantage of the cute styles associated with Feb. 14.  Your flirty style (and confidence!) might just attract a special someone in the nick of time! 

Audrey is a class of 2013 English major at Skidmore College. She has held several communications internships in her hometown of Nashville, TN, including ones at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, Nissan's North American Headquarters, and at Katcher Vaughn and Bailey Public Relations. In her free time, she loves to bake for family and friends, exercise by swimming, and loves all things Parisian. Audrey can't wait to continue her journalism experience with Her Campus as a campus correspondent. Having lived in Nashville, France and New York, Audrey has found a love for travel, and hopes to discover a new city after Skidmore where she plans to continue onto law school.