Top December Events

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

We all miss our beautiful Saratoga Springs when we’re home for a month, so pack in these great holiday events while you can!

8th Annual Saratoga Restaurant Week!

Nov. 30 to Dec. 6
Three-Course Dinner $10, $20, or $30, Lunch Specials $5 or $10 Participating restaurants here

This was previously mentioned in our November events guide, but we just couldn’t risk you missing this one! If you’re dying to try a new restaurant now is the time to do it without breaking the bank. Hurry before it ends!

Ballston Spa Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting

Dec. 7 starting at 6:30pm Downtown Ballston Spa

Canʼt wait for next yearʼs Victorian Street Walk? Neither can we! To ease the pain head to Ballston Spa to celebrate this holiday festival in the meantime! At 6:30pm the parade will begin with carolers, floats, and even animals. Then stick around to see Santa light the Christmas tree at 7:45!

The Firefly Store Holiday Sale

Dec. 7 from 3pm to 7pm, Dec. 8 from 10am to 4pm Waldorf School, 212 Lake Ave

If youʼre always behind on Christmas shopping, like most of us, check out this craft sale for some great handmade gifts! Youʼll find anything from beeswax candles to natural fiber and wood toys—wonderful one-of-a-kind presents for the fam!

Candlelight House Tour

Dec. 7 from 5pm to 9pm. $40 Marion Place and Court Street Area

We all love to gawk over some of Saratogaʼs gorgeous old houses and sometimes even pretend theyʼre our own! But on Dec. 7 you can finally see the interiors too! The Candlelight House Tour lets you explore the interiors of beautiful homes in Saratogaʼs historic Court Street neighborhood.

The Santaland Diaries

Dec. 13 at 7pm. Adults $18
Home Made Theater, 19 Roosevelt Drive

Donʼt miss this hilarious (and true!) chronicle of David Sedarisʼ experience working as an elf at Macyʼs Santaland. His cult-class story always comes out during the holidays and weʼre lucky to have a performance of it right here in Saratoga!

So, between studying for finals and writing those oh-so-fun papers, donʼt forget to take a break for some fun Saratoga events!

Audrey is a class of 2013 English major at Skidmore College. She has held several communications internships in her hometown of Nashville, TN, including ones at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, Nissan's North American Headquarters, and at Katcher Vaughn and Bailey Public Relations. In her free time, she loves to bake for family and friends, exercise by swimming, and loves all things Parisian. Audrey can't wait to continue her journalism experience with Her Campus as a campus correspondent. Having lived in Nashville, France and New York, Audrey has found a love for travel, and hopes to discover a new city after Skidmore where she plans to continue onto law school.