The Struggle of Brushing Your Teeth Around Other People

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Is it just me or….

IS BRUSHING YOUR TEETH WITH OTHER PEOPLE AROUND….

a sport.

You could be a natural at brushing, do it at least two times a day, and never think anything of it. But the second another person is watching you clean your pearly whites…BAM. Everything changes.

Now is the time that you open up that floss for the first time ever.

Supposed to brush your teeth for 2 minutes, but never have? Pshh now you brush for 5 minutes and act natural while doing it.

All of a sudden, you are the HYGIENE QUEEN, young and sweet, only 17.

Now if the person is not only in the bathroom while you are brushing, but is also brushing….well that is a whole different story. Let me help you.

Step 1: Floss like your life depends on it.

Step 2: Glance over at the other person to see how they care for their teeth. Only silently judge if appropriate.

Step 3: Begin to brush. Make sure to keep it looking natural.

Step 4: Glance over at the other person again to make sure they aren’t being more thorough than you.

Note: (If you started brushing after the other person) DO NOT FINISH BRUSHING YOUR TEETH BEFORE THEY DO.

Good luck.

Xoxo ,

Yazzy

Yazzy Goodman

Skidmore '22

Yazzy is a sophomore at Skidmore College. She lives for velour Juicy Couture track suits and flowy pants, and loves writting about a wide range of topics! Xoxo.
Morgan Fechter

Skidmore '20

CC of HC Skidmore