Stars Who Had Cameos On Disney Channel Before They Made It Big

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

1. Bella Thorne-

Known for her role on Disney Channel’s Shake it Up, she was first on an episode of Wizards of Waverly Place as Nancy, Max’s secret girlfriend in 2010.

2. Lucy Hale-

Lucy Hale of Pretty Little Liars fame was also on Wizards of Waverly Place, playing Justin’s older girlfriend Miranda in the first season of the show in 2007.

3. Octavia Spencer-

Academy Award winner Octavia Spencer played an evil wizard, also on Wizards of Waverly Place in 2008.

4. Tiffany Haddish-

Recently a big hit in Girls Trip, Tiffany Haddish was on and episode of That’s So Raven in 2005. She played a tour guide at the biodome in the episode where Raven gets attacked by a carnivorous plant.

5. Evan Peters-

Although he’s in more serious roles now such as his various characters on the series American Horror Story, Evan Peters was Seth Wormer in Phil of the Future in 2004-2005. He also played a similar character at the same time in the teen movie Sleepover (2004), even though that’s not a Disney Channel show it’s a great movie that I highly recommend (it also has a young, almost unrecognizable Brie Larson).

6. Zachary Quinto-

Also on AHS, as well as being famous for the recent Star Trek movies (2009), Zachary Quinto was an unnamed director in and episode of Lizzie McGuire in 2002. I recommend looking him up in this episode, as his outfit is prime early 2000’s.

7. Victoria Justice-

Nickelodeon’s Victorious star and actress on Zoey 101, Victoria Justice did a cameo on Disney Channel as a beauty contest contestant in The Suite Life of Zack and Cody in 2005.

8. Emma Stone-

Only one year before her breakout role in Superbad (2007), Emma Stone was the voice for London Tipton’s dog Ivana, in The Suite Life of Zack and Cody in 2006.

9. Justin Baldoni-

Rafael in Jane the Virgin is a handsome hotel owner, but Justin Baldoni was first on an episode of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody ten years ago where he played a fencing instructor.

10. Debbie Reynolds –

Although you wouldn’t be able to recognize her because her animated figure doesn’t look too much like her, actress Debbie Reynolds of Singin’ in the Rain (1952) and Halloweentown (1998) played Kim Possible’s grandmother, Nana Possible in 2003.

Lily Warshaw

Skidmore '21

Lily is a sophomore at Skidmore College, studying art history. She has partaken in multiple visual art programs and classes, and interned at Tom Sachs Studio and in the costume department of the McKittrick Hotel. She is not very comfortable talking about herself in the third person, and if anyone finds her water bottle please let her know.
Morgan Fechter

Skidmore '20

CC of HC Skidmore