This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Heeled booties are the perfect way to stay comfortable and casual while still getting some extra height, but what about when the weather turns warm and such heavy shoes are too sweaty? That’s where platform sandals come in—the perfect shoe that’s open enough to keep you cool but also stylish and funky enough to kick your look (and height) up a notch. For the perfect choices to break out this spring, check out some of our favorite platform sandals for the season.

Carly Nude Kidsuede Wedges, Jessica Simpson ($79)

These shoes have a print that’s fun enough to add some spunk, but the neutral colors make it versatile. Though the heel is high, the thick wedge and ankle strap will help support your feet. Try pairing it up with similar earthy tones, and even dress them down with cool jeans and a flowy shirt so the shoes become the focal point.

Enzo Angiolini Wedges – Norma Criss Cross Espadrille, Bloomingdale’s ($69.30)

These color-block shoes are so trendy right now, and the bright colors really make them pop. For an even bolder look, try pairing them with a sundress in a similarly bright color, or make them the star of the show by wearing something neutral.

Deena & Ozzy Betty Buckle Flatform Sandal, Urban Outfitters ($49)

For a more earthy look, try these black and tan low platform sandals. For the complete down-to-earth style, match them with a flowy maxi dress or ripped denim shorts.

Not Rated Lucky Star, Zappos.com ($49.99)

The pretty floral print on these shoes is sweet enough for daytime, but also dark enough to go downtown at night. Take advantage of their charm by sporting them out to dinner with a pretty dress that matches the pattern’s color palette.

Lauren Ralph Lauren Espadrilles – Charla Wedge, Bloomingdale’s ($48.30)

To go for a more casual, beach-friendly look, try these classic red sandals. They’re so versatile they can take you through all of the occasions of the summer, but definitely pull them out for barbeques and walks on the boardwalk with friends.

Gloria, Steve Madden ($99.99)

For an easy, bright statement, try these bold sandals. Though they’re not wedges, the thick heels make them supportive and strong enough to really capture attention, and though the color is fun, it’s somehow muted enough that they’re just right for spring. They’re perfect for a girls’ night on the town, especially with a little black dress so they really stand out.

The weather is finally warming up collegiettes! Celebrate the season with a new pair of sandals that are sure to be a show stopper on the green.

Remy Marin

Skidmore '15

Remy is an English major and dance minor at Skidmore College. In addition to being CC, Remy is the VP of Outreach of Skidmore's peer mediation group and apprentice for Mediation Matters in Saratoga Springs.
Audrey is a class of 2013 English major at Skidmore College. She has held several communications internships in her hometown of Nashville, TN, including ones at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, Nissan's North American Headquarters, and at Katcher Vaughn and Bailey Public Relations. In her free time, she loves to bake for family and friends, exercise by swimming, and loves all things Parisian. Audrey can't wait to continue her journalism experience with Her Campus as a campus correspondent. Having lived in Nashville, France and New York, Audrey has found a love for travel, and hopes to discover a new city after Skidmore where she plans to continue onto law school.