The Skidmore Alternative to Sweat Suits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

You have the unavoidable 8 a.m. class (yuck) and all you want to do is put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt and crawl out the door. We feel you.

Whether you’re a freshman feeling out the Skidmore style or a well-seasoned senior, you’ve probably noticed that very few people actually wear cozy sweat suits to class. (Unfortunate, we know.) Don’t panic! We’ve put together some simple alternatives so you can look super stylish (when really you’re getting away with socially appropriate pajamas). Happy lounging, collegiettes!

Accessories

Any outfit looks instantly chic when you throw on a simple long necklace or statement scarf. Pair a casual, solid sweatshirt with accessories like the ones below for a polished, non-pajama look.

Patterned pants

Choose a loose-fitting pair of pants or legging in a pattern. (It works as a sort of distraction to the fact that you’re wearing an all-cotton ensemble.) Couple it with a solid top to save yourself from looking like the Fresh Prince.

Harem. Lucky for you, harem pants are totally in, and they’re essentially cutting-edge PJs… Avoid the genie-in-a-bottle look by adding on a casual tank, sneaks, and a cute scarf like the one below.

Unlike students at many large universities, we can’t really get away with wearing sweatpants to every morning class while successfully avoiding people we know.  Instead, fool them with a totally comfy outfit and still manage to turn heads.