The Single Girl’s Guide to Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Okay ladies, let’s be honest, Valentine’s Day when you’re single is not necessarily the most joyous day of the year. While you might be tempted to sulk over a box of Godiva chocolates Elle Woods-style, questioning your fate as perpetually single, HC has come up with some more productive ways for you to spend your time this Valentine’s Day!   

1. Have a spa day! Who doesn’t love a day of rest and relaxation?  

2. Invite some of your closest girlfriends to brunch and call it “Galentine’s Day.” As the very wise Carrie Bradshaw once mused, “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.”  

3. Do things that make you happy! Valentines Day doesn’t only have to be about making others happy.   

4. Go out! Valentine’s Day falls on a Saturday this year, so there are no excuses! Round up a group of friends or go out alone. Either way, having a night on the town will allow you to let loose and blow off some steam. Plus, you could even end up meeting a last minute valentine. 

5. Realize that you are awesome and that you don’t need to be in a relationship to feel happy!

Have fun this Valentine’s Day and remember how amazing you are!