Senior Week 2011!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

We’re the 100th Class—Let’s Celebrate in Senior Style!

Seniors, finals are coming to an end and it actually feels like May instead of well… February.  While you’re probably suffering from senioritis as you sit in the library and spend hours on Facebook instead of writing that 30 page thesis, don’t let it get in the way of your fun next week!  So, sell back your books, bring your dancing (or bowling) shoes, and lets spend our last week of college together as a class and enjoy the senior week festivities!

There are over a dozen activities to choose from, but why not just come to them all so you don’t miss out on anything? The festivities kick off this Friday, May 13 from 12-4pm at the Northwoods Quad and continue on until the date we’ve all been dreading—May 21, 2011.  Some highlights of the week include Senior Fun Day on Saturday, May 14 from 12-4pm at South Quad, The Lake George Cruise from 1-4pm, the 100th Commencement Ball from 8pm-12am, and the Last Senior Night at Irish Times on Thursday, May 19 starting at 10pm.  Before all of the tears ensue on graduation day, let’s have some fun, look back on our fond memories of the dorm days, and stuff our faces one last time at the dhall, just for good measure (the Last Breakfast from 8-10am on May 21)!

Here is a complete list of the Senior Week 2011 Centennial Celebration Activities:

Fri May 13—Senior week kick off-12-4 pm, Northwoods Quad.
Sat May 14—Senior Fun Day-12-4 pm, South Quad.
Sun May 15—Galactic Bowling-9pm-12am, Saratoga Strike Zone.
Mon May 16—Lake George Cruise 1-4pm, leave Case Center at 12pm.
Tues May 17—Senior Day at the Skid Shop Drive in Movie Sunset, Malta Drive-In.
Wed May 18—MANDATORY COMMENCEMENT REHEARSAL! MUST ATTEND IN ORDER TO WALK, buses leave at 11am.
                      —Scribner House BBQ – 1-3pm.
                      —100th Commencement Ball – 8-12pm.
Thurs May 19—Last Senior Night at IRISH TIMES! 10pm.
Fri May 20—See here for details on the seven events: http://cms.skidmore.edu/commencement/schedule.cfm.
****Sat May 21—Last Breakfast at Murray Aikins Dining Hall – 8-10am.
                         —The 100th Commencement Exercises- Seniors arrive at 10am to pick up diploma, starts at 10:40am, SPAC.
                          —Alumni Night Downtown – 10pm.

Congratulations to the Class of 2011!

Audrey is a class of 2013 English major at Skidmore College. She has held several communications internships in her hometown of Nashville, TN, including ones at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, Nissan's North American Headquarters, and at Katcher Vaughn and Bailey Public Relations. In her free time, she loves to bake for family and friends, exercise by swimming, and loves all things Parisian. Audrey can't wait to continue her journalism experience with Her Campus as a campus correspondent. Having lived in Nashville, France and New York, Audrey has found a love for travel, and hopes to discover a new city after Skidmore where she plans to continue onto law school.