Review: Kylie Jenner Lip Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

For Halloween this year I was Kylie Jenner. While it was initially a joke poking fun at one of the most recognized public figures, and for the part of me which was really happy to be dressing up as Kylie, my costume lit a fire in me, that cannot be put out any more.

I want to be Kylie Jenner.

Ok… not really….  I definitely don’t have what it takes to be in the public eye like that, but the high fashion look, dramatic eye makeup, and lipstick I can do. Last summer when Kylie sent out her snapchat encouraging fans to follow her, I jumped on it and added her right away. Let me tell you, it has been nothing short of entertaining and I do not regret the time I have spent tapping through her often 300 second stories. Last week when I was doing my routine tap through in between classes I saw Kylie’s story of a site counter and assumed it must have been the counter for her lip kit site. So, with no hope of scoring a kit I went to the website expecting to see everything sold out. To my surprise EVERYTHING WAS IN STOCK. I quickly added Posie K, Koko K and Dolce K to my cart and started putting in my information. It was too good to be true though because as I typed in my credit card information Dolce K and Koko K went out of stock. As I finished putting in my information and clicked “submit order” I assumed that my order wouldn’t go through. Thankfully, my prayers to the Kardashian-gods were answered and I managed to score my very own Posie K kit. 2 days later I got the amazing “NEW PACKAGE ON SHELF” email and was graced with the presence of my lip kit. I opened the black and white box and there was my lip kit and a cute note that I am going to pretend Kylie wrote to me because we are the best of friends.

So, what is in the lip kit? It comes with a liner and a gloss, pretty simple. What is it like?  I had mixed expectations. Good matte glosses are really hard to find. Most of them are extremely drying, need to be reapplied, and once you reapply, get tacky. The Kylie lip kit is NONE of the above. The liner and the gloss are extremely smooth, easy to apply and do not get too dry or tacky. ALSO, I ate 2 meals, drank a lot of water and by 11 pm my lip stick was still almost completely perfect. 

Truthfully, I probably would have used the gloss anyway because it is the next step in my transformation to becoming Kylie Jenner. However, I can honestly say that this is my new favorite lip gloss. Needless to say, my “being in the right place at the right time” lip kit score has upped my lip game and I will definitely be online right as the next products are up so that I can get my hands on some more.

A senior at Skidmore College, who loves beagles, batman, and sushi. You can find me dreaming about Anderson Cooper and doing crossword puzzles.