Review: Bed Head by Tigi “Beach Freak” Detangler Spray

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

I am a huge fan of detangler sprays. My hair is very straight and fine, and manages to get itself tangled after it has been brushed. Every time I go to get my hair cut I have to give the hairdresser a warning that getting the knots out of my hair may take longer than the actual cut. For this reason, I like to keep my hair on the shorter side, because it saves me about 10 minutes of hair brushing every morning. 

A good detangler spray can be life-changing. Really. I have been using the same one meant for little kids for my entire life, because it works well and smells good and I know it won’t damage my hair. I had never thought to try a new one until I saw the Bed Head by Tigi Beach Freak Detangler Spray in the summer survival kit. 

First impression: The packaging is adorable. The bottle is a bright orange and yellow that immediately makes me think of sunshine. The summery feelings get stronger when you open the cap- the spray smells sweet and fruity, like orange sherbet. I had a friend in the room when I was using the spray and got a “WOW that smells good.” 

Thoughts after use: I will definitely be continuing to use this detangler. The spray is light and doesn’t leave weird residue in your hair, and most importantly it does what it claims, detangle. It is also supposed to be moisturizing, and I can’t really tell after one use but I believe it. 

Overall grade: A

Looking forward to using this product again!

Morgan Fechter

Skidmore '20

CC of HC Skidmore