absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Restaurant Review: Mama Mia’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Last night I went out for a belated birthday dinner with a group of friends. We originally intended to go to Druther’s, but seeing as it was 6:30 on a Friday night, there was an hour and a half wait so we had to find a plan B. 

A friend suggested that we try her favorite Italian place in Saratoga, “Mama Mia’s”, and seeing as it was getting late and we were all cold, we made the quick decision to try it out.

Pulling into a strip mall, I was skeptical, but once we walked in the door the twinkle lights and small tables were immediately welcoming. Not to mention, it smelled like pizza, which is never a bad thing.

I’m not a huge pasta fan so that immediately eliminated a large portion of the menu, and in the end I decided on the Chicken Milanese. My friends all ordered pasta, which I must admit both looked and smelled amazing. The atmosphere was perfect for a chilly November night, it was cozy and had a classic Italian restaurant feel that I really loved.

We devoured two baskets of warm bread, and when our entrees finally came I was not disappointed. The chicken was amazing- crispy and topped with balsamic and tomatoes, and it took a lot of self control not to eat the entire enormous portion all in one sitting. Plus, it passed the most important test- it tasted just as good as leftovers for lunch this afternoon.

Overall, I give Mama Mia’s very high marks. I had no expectations, and the food turned out to be incredible, and the atmosphere warm and welcoming. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for somewhere to go on a cold Friday night, and will definitely be returning.

Morgan Fechter

Skidmore '20

CC of HC Skidmore