Plum Dandy Cookies and Milk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Cookies and milk go together like peanut butter and jelly, like salt and pepper, like Kanye and Kim. Seriously, is there anything better than a warm cookie washed down with a cool glass of milk? I think not. On my ongoing quest to find the perfect cookie, I decided to take a trip to Plum Dandy Cookies and Milk this past weekend.

Already a fan of Plum Dandy Frozen Yogurt, I was expecting big things from their second business. As I opened the double doors of the brand new bakery, the sweet smell of cookie dough enveloped the room. As a cookie connoisseur of sorts, I had pretty high expectations. Fortunately, Plum Dandy Cookies and Milk met those expectations and more.

There is a cookie for everyone at this place. They offer all the classics, including Chocolate Chip and Sugar, as well as some pretty unique flavors, like the “Kettle Bettle,” made with English toffee and local Kettle Corn. Trust me, they have it all. They also offer a bunch of different frostings and spreads to go with their signature cookies. They suggest pairing their PB Dark cookie with natural peanut butter or chocolate frosting and their Sugar cookie with birthday cake frosting.

I decided to order the Dandy Sandy, made with brown sugar and pecans. Breaking the cookie in half, I spread on a thin layer of chocolate ganache and took a bite. The cookie was crumbly yet soft, sweet but not too overpowering. I also tried a piece of my friend’s Chocolate Chip cookie, which was gooey and doughy on the inside with the perfect amount of crunch on the outside.

[pagebreak]

Now lets talk about the milk. Admittedly, I’m not the most enthusiastic milk drinker, as I am mildly lactose intolerant. Don’t worry! Plum Dandy Cookies and Milk offers dairy free milk options like almond milk, soy milk, and lactose free milk. For those of you who are more adventurous with your milk choice, you can try some marshmallow milk, bubble milk, or even flavored warm milk.

Located next to the Price Chopper on Railroad Place, Plum Dandy Cookies and Milk is easy to walk to from campus or from the bus stop in town. The space itself is cozy and welcoming, and I can just picture myself come wintertime curled up with a big cup of their delicious hot cocoa. Plum Dandy Cookies and Milk is the type of place you come to relax and catch up with friends. If you ever get tired of the chocolate chip cookies from the Dining Hall and find yourself craving a different kind of cookie, go check out Plum Dandy Cookies and Milk—you won’t be disappointed. I understand that justifying the indulgence of eating a cookie might be tough for some of you, so to you I say in the words of Aziz Ansari, “Treat yo self!” Because you deserve it!