This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

To everyone I am thankful for this Thanksgiving, 

I try to make it a point to thank you all the time instead of just once a year, but I would still like to reiterate my thankfulness for the holiday. Thanksgiving is usually full of family quarrels and waiting for the Black Friday deals. However, it’s important to remember the true reason why we celebrate. 

In such a crazy world, we need a reminder to stop and remember all of the people around us who make life easier and happier. Having an insanely hard year, I want to thank you for being here for me to support me, whether over the phone or with a hug and conversation. I don’t know what I would’ve done in so many situations without your love and support every step of the way. 

Thank you for making me smile. Anyone who knows me knows that I am constantly smiling. It’s a rare occasion when I’m not. I smile because of you. You make clear efforts to make me smile or make my day. You make me laugh. What is life if you’re not laughing? I thank you for making everyday something to look forward to. 

I’ve weeded out a lot of negativity in my life this year and couldn’t be happier with the positive influences I am left with. It’s so nice knowing I have you to turn to in helping me make good decisions for my life. Positivity also isn’t always what you’ll want to hear, but I am confident that you’re able to tell me what needs to be said in order for things to work out the right. You allow me to relax and know everything is going to work out, so thank you. 

You know you’ve found great people to be around when their happiness is your happiness, so thank you for allowing me to be in your life. I am so happy to be in your company and to do things for you that will make you happy. You’ve taught me the real meaning of friendship and all the ways I can better myself. I am here for you in any way you need because I know you would do the same for me. 

As a sophomore, I am learning more about being on my own. Thank you for teaching me that some things you just can’t run away from. You’ve helped face people and situations I just want to hide from. Thank you for also showing me to take care of myself. To all of the people guiding me and mentoring me, thank you for helping me shape my future. I have learned so much about responsibility and character through being around you. Thank you. 

If you think I take you for granted, you mean the most to me. I try to reflect on everything little thing you do for me on a daily basis. I apologize, too, if I don’t show my gratitude enough. It is definitely something I need to work on. Thank you for all that you do and thank you for opening my eyes. I hope someday I can do all that you do for me. 

Happy Thanksgiving. You are a blessing in my life. I thank you today and every day of the year. 

With love, 

Abby

Hi I'm Abby! I'm a junior. I'm studying International Affairs and Psychology with a minor in French.
Daisy Fey

Skidmore '22

Hey everyone! I'm Daisy and I'm a graduating senior at Skidmore College this year! I'm currently the Campus Coordinator for the Skidmore chapter of HER Campus. I love writing opinion pieces, how to's, and making playlists. Thanks for checking out my page!