Local Boutique: Saratoga Sundress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Now that spring is officially here, everyone is looking for that perfect sundress. Look no further than Saratoga Sundress, which has recently moved to 493 Broadway (walking distance from campus!). Celebrating its sixth birthday in January, Saratoga Sundress’ store manager, Amanda, buys all the latest trends—and not limited to dresses—from lines like Nymphe, Ark & Co, C.Lux, Alytheaand many more adorable designers we love. Starting this summer, the boutique will start carrying its own line, too! The clothes are college budget-friendly and perfect for a night out, hanging on Case green, or upcoming Senior Week events.

The store, which moved locations in January, features a decor that resembles your childhood best friend’s bedroom that you always envied. Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe and Couture pictures hang from the pink walls and the white curtains add to the homey feel. We lovethe dressing room area, which feels like you are getting ready with your girlfriends for a night out! Store manager, Amanda says that she wants customers to feel like they’re shopping in their best friend’s closet. We think she nailed it.

The typical buyer ranges from teens to women in their mid-thirties, as all of the lines are Junior cut. Featured styles at the boutique that are hot right now include crop tops, cut-outs, sheer or mesh accents, lace, rompers, high necks, geometric/tribal patterns, andhigh-waisted shorts (phew!). Along with dresses, the boutique features satchels, jewelry, and even a vegan line of shoes. Amanda wanted to feature a line of classic pumps that can be worn with a variety of dress styles. Every Tuesday, customers can get a free pair of earrings with a dress purchase, and Saturdays boast their $12 earrings sale! Keep an eye out for special discounts by hitting “Like” on the Saratoga Sundress Facebook pageperfect for every collegiette!

Cara is a Senior at Skidmore College, where she majors in Gender Studies, and minors in Sociology. When not studying at the library, she works in retail, interns, participates in student government and tries to keep up with all the latest fashion news!
As the Senior Designer, Kelsey is responsible for the conceptualization and design of solutions that support and strengthen Her Campus on all levels. While managing junior designers, Kelsey manages and oversees the creative needs of Her Campus’s 260+ chapters nationwide and abroad. Passionate about campaign ideation and finding innovative design solutions for brands, Kelsey works closely with the client services team to develop integrated marketing and native advertising campaigns for Her Campus clients such as Macy’s, UGG, Merck, Amtrak, Intel, TRESemmé and more. A 2012 college graduate, Kelsey passionately pursued English Literature, Creative Writing and Studio Art at Skidmore College. Born in and native to Massachusetts, Kelsey supplements creative jewelry design and metal smithing with a passion for fitness and Boston Bruins hockey. Follow her on Twitter: @kelsey_thornFollow her on Instagram: @kelsey_thorn