How to Fake Being in a Relationship on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

For those of us who do not have a significant other, we may feel as though we are left out from all of the typical festivities on Valentine’s Day. However, if you follow these tips, you may be able to fool everyone into thinking you are enjoying it just as much as the next taken girl.  

1. Post a picture of flowers you received earlier in the year to Instagram. No one has to know your mom sent them to you for your birthday. All everyone sees is a lovely bouquet on a day that everyone deserves one.

2. Make dinner plans with a close friend or two, so when people ask what your plans are for the night you can tell them you have a date. Keep it a mystery by not telling them exactly whom it is with; just hint that it is  “someone special.” Your friends are definitely special.   

3. Dress yourself up nicely so people think you are going to meet that “special someone.” It should not matter that “someone special” is your bed. You two have really been through a lot… of Netflix.  

4. Make the background on your phone a cute photo that insinuates love. Most people will automatically assume it has something to do with your (nonexistent) relationship.  

5. If you want to pull off the long distance relationship look, you can walk into the dining hall while talking to your mom. As you say “I love you” make sure you time it perfectly; the more people who hear it, the better.  

6. If you want people to think you just had a sweet moment with your Valentine, go ahead and wear a little extra blush. Everyone is going to think you were given a compliment that you just cannot get off your mind.  

Just remember, if you don’t have a special someone at the moment, there are still plenty of people in your life to give some Valentine’s Day love to!