HC SkidStaff’s Favorite Summer Products!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Summer is here ladies! Can you believe it? By now, we’re all home free to enjoy all that the summer has to offer. Us girls at HC Skidmore can’t wait to get summer started, and to get you all pumped up, we’ve compiled a list of the summer merchandise that we just cannot go without!

“I can’t celebrate the summer without Maui Jim sunglasses; they’re great for any outdoor sport. Haviana flip-flops are also perfect for summertime because they’re comfortable and come in tons of different colors!” – Emma Weinstein, Staff Writer

“I can’t last the summer without Moroccanoil, especially Moroccanoil Treatment and Frizz-Control. My hair goes haywire—literally—from all the humidity, the chlorine, and the sun damage, so I like to keep it as hydrated and tamed as possible! As an added plus, it smells amazing!” – Kate Moriarty, Staff Writer

Toms are the perfect closed-toe shoe for summer, especially the canvas ones. As for makeup I’d have to say any product containing SPF! I love Nivea Sun-Kissed Chapstick; it keeps your lips from drying out in the sun!” – Kelsey Thorn, Vice President

“I can’t go without Ocean Salt body and face scrub by LUSH. It smells so fresh and can be used on hands, legs, face… anywhere! It makes your skin so smooth. I use it roughly two times a week and I love it!” – Leah Wolff, Editorial Staff Member

“I love the line of butter LONDON nail polish. My favorite color is “Yummy Mummy” because the neutral shade is no fuss and gorgeous with any outfit. I’m also loving Viva la Juicy by Juicy Couture; it’s a great summer perfume!” – Audrey Nelson, President

“During the summer I can’t live without Neutrogena Clear Face Sunblock because I’m super pale and don’t like getting burned. The Neutrogena one is perfect because it doesn’t contain oil, so no shiny forehead! As an added bonus, they make a line that helps prevent breakouts while protecting you from burns!” – Melissa Davis, Staff Writer

“When I’m constantly running around from work, home and the beach during the summer, I cannot live without Reef flip-flops. They are hands down the comfiest flip-flops you’ll ever wear! I buy a pair at the start of every summer and by the time August rolls around I’ve worn them down completely. They’re the best, easiest shoes for summer weather.” – Kim Ohnemus, Editorial Staff Member

“My favorite summer item has got to be Bumble and Bumble Styling Spray. It’s perfect for creating wavy hair. Put it in after a shower, and put your hair in a bun or braid for sweet waves the next morning!” – Cara Stuka, Staff Writer

“I can’t go through the summer without my Ray Bans! They’re perfect for blocking the sun. On the same note, using cream blush with SPF keeps my skin safe. It brightens up my face without melting down in the heat.” – Remy Marin, Staff Writer

Whether we’re working or just enjoying the beach this summer, these products definitely brighten up the season! They keep us beautiful, comfortable and protected even when heat and humidity skyrocket. What more could a girl ask for? We all have some products that we can’t go without for the next few months—what’s yours? Tell us in the comments!

Audrey is a class of 2013 English major at Skidmore College. She has held several communications internships in her hometown of Nashville, TN, including ones at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, Nissan's North American Headquarters, and at Katcher Vaughn and Bailey Public Relations. In her free time, she loves to bake for family and friends, exercise by swimming, and loves all things Parisian. Audrey can't wait to continue her journalism experience with Her Campus as a campus correspondent. Having lived in Nashville, France and New York, Audrey has found a love for travel, and hopes to discover a new city after Skidmore where she plans to continue onto law school.