HC Skidmore’s October Music Faves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

With the semester in full swing, the homework piling up, the “study” playlists on full blast, and the party scene officially #turnt, we at Her Campus Skidmore thought it would be fun to put together a playlist of all our favorite music at the moment. Every single one of us contributed (at least) one song to this playlist, making it a sort of living, breathing record of our collective lives in October, 2016 – or, if you don’t feel like being that deep, it’s a sick playlist that we all want to jam to all the time. We’ve got study songs, party songs, and sing in your underwear when you should be writing that sociology paper songs – 20 well-loved songs, from us, to you. Enjoy. 

Middle – DJ Snake

Take Cover – All Time Low

This Town – Niall Horan 

This Girl – Kungs V Cookin’ on 3 Burners

Starboy – The Weeknd

Mom – Meghan Trainor 

Bombastic – Bonnie McKee

Change Your Mind – The Summer Set

Is This Love – Monmarte Remix

Can’t Kick Up the Roots – Neck Deep

Boss Mackin’ – Falcons ft. A-1

Perfect Score – State Champs

Coins – Local Natives

Everything All at Once – Local Natives 

Masterpiece – Big Theif 

Love Myself – Hailee Steinfeld

Hide Away – Daya

Water – Ra Ra Riot

The Walk – Mayer Hawthorne 

Junk of the Heart (Happy) – The Kooks

PS: We made a Spotify playlist too. https://play.spotify.com/user/1225760440/playlist/2aXUwm8qPYGdFnihVPkAwr

Gwen is a senior, English major, and co-CC of Her Campus Skidmore. She spends a lot of time watching Pretty Little Liars and Fixer Upper, listening to music, staring at her comptuer screen and wishing words would come easier, and waiting for the New York Islanders to win another Stanley Cup (preferably at the Coli). Also, she really likes cheese and is trying to learn to skateboard. It's not going very well.