HC Guide to Fall TV Shows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Welcome back, collegiettes! Sadly, summer is over and our days of relaxing poolside have been replaced by endless amounts of time in class and at the library. Luckily, the return of some of our favorite shows and some exciting new ones can help us take a break from our stressful lives and escape for a little while. Here is the first part of our what-to-watch guide. 

Old Favorites

These shows have each been on the air for quite some time, and we can’t wait to be reunited with some of our favorite characters. 

Grey’s Anatomy, September 26th at 9 on ABC

It’s hard to believe we’ve been immersed in the drama of Seattle Grace Hospital for nine years!  ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy is back for its tenth season with a special two-hour season premiere.   The storm continues to rage on, causing physical and emotional turmoil for our favorite doctors. 

Glee, September 26th at 9:00 on Fox

It will certainly be a bittersweet start to the fifth season as we adjust to the absence of Finn Hudson, played by the late Cory Monteith. However, we can look forward to a tribute episode to Monteith, a special Beatles episode, and several exciting guest stars throughout the season, including Demi Lovato.

Homeland, September 29th at 9:00 on Showtime

After the shocking season finale, Emmy award-winning Homeland is back for its third season. Just when things seemed to be reaching a degree of normalcy for mentally unstable CIA agent Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes), her life got turned upside down once again. Will she ever be able to trust Nicholas Brody (Damian Lewis)?

[pagebreak]

The Vampire Diaries, October 3rd at 8:00 on The CW

We can’t wait to sink our teeth into the fifth season of this supernatural CW drama.  Despite countless obstacles (including adjusting to life as a vampire), Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) graduated high school at the end of the last season. We are anxious to see what her plans are for the future and of course to find out whether she has finally made a decision about which Salvatore brother she really loves. (For the record, we are Team Damon!)

Scandal, October 3rd at 10:00 on ABC

Shonda Rhimes knows drama! This political thriller from the creator of Grey’s Anatomy, starring Kerry Washington, has returned for its third season. We can’t wait to see what task the unstoppable Olivia Pope (Washington) takes on next. 

Hart of Dixie, October 7th at 8:00 on The CW

The doctor is in! We’re so excited for the third season of this hit dramedy from executive producer Josh Schwartz (Gossip Girl, The O.C., Chuck). After spending the summer in New York, Zoe (Rachel Bilson) returns to Bluebell, Alabama and all of the small town drama that comes along with it. 

Stay tuned!  We’ll be back for more once the new shows get underway.