This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

10.  Smarties

Smarties are at the bottom of my list because while they can be fun to eat while waiting for better candy, they’re kinda boring. Are the different colors supposed to have different flavors? Who knows.

9. Tootsie Rolls

I have never loved Tootsie rolls. They’re decent but again, kind of boring, and don’t quite satisfy my craving for chocolate or for sugar. 

8. Starbursts

Starbursts are a fan favorite. They’re lower on my list however, because there is usually only one or two pink ones in a pack, and who even really cares about the other flavors?

7. Laffy Taffy

I think Laffy Taffy are fun. I strangely really like the banana flavored ones and am always really excited when one makes it’s way into my candy bowl. 

6. 3 Musketeers

Three Musketeers are the lowest on my list of the chocolate candy bars, but are definitely still delicious. They’re just so sweet  that I need a break after a few bites and end up going for something else.

5. Skittles

Who doesn’t like Skittles? What more do I need to say?

4. Candy Corn

I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews on candy corn but I personally am a big fan. It’s the kind of novelty food experience that you can only get once a year and so I look forward to it more than I probably should. 

3. Dots

I have always loved Dots. Usually people are either sugary or chocolatey candy people, and I happen to be a fan of both. Dots are one of the best gummy candies and I always seemed to get a ton of them in my trick-or-treating bag as a kid, which probably explains my fondness for this otherwise unremarkable candy. 

2. Snickers

Snickers are easily in my top two favorite Halloween candies. They are the kind of candy that is good year-round, with the perfect amount of chocolate and crunch and goodness. 

1. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups

Reese’s Peanut Butter cups are by far the best Halloween candy. I think that the chocolate-peanut butter combination is probably man’s greatest invention, and Reese’s has truly perfected it. Sweet and slightly salty, peanut butter cups are delicious and easy to eat and a staple of any Halloween candy bucket. 

Morgan Fechter

Skidmore '20

CC of HC Skidmore