This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Shirt: Forever 21

Skirt: Target

Shoes: Target

Bracelet: Lucky Brand Outlet

HC: How would you define your personal style?

HT: For the most part, my style is fairly conservative. I like earth tones like olive, brown, gray, black, and blue. I have a lot of flattering basics in these colors that can go with most outfits. What I usually do, then, is add colorful, cool accessories to give the basics some personality. For example, I might wear a plain, black, scoop-neck t-shirt with jeans and tall boots, but I’ll wear this with a lot of funky rings and bracelets. I always try to wear big earrings, too. I just have an easier time finding affordable funky jewelry than I do patterned “statement” clothes that I like. From time to time I’ll splurge on a pretty shirt or skirt on sale, but most of the time I go to the clearance jewelry at the Lucky Outlet for things that are far less expensive to make my outfits more interesting.

HC: What is your go-to shopping spot?

HT: It depends on what article of clothing I’m looking for. For tops or bottoms, I’ll usually go to H&M, Target, or a Lucky Outlet store if I can find something a little cheaper there. I very rarely buy shoes, but I’d say most of mine come from Target. For jewelry, though, there’s no question: Lucky all the way. Their jewelry is the perfect blend of pretty, funky, and edgy.

HC: Pick your favorite item in your closet.

HT: I have a pair of dark, high-waisted, skinny ankle jeans from Madewell that I got on a post-summer clearance last fall. They just look awesome with everything.

HC: What would you never be caught dead in?

HT: Low rise jeans. I have nothing against other people wearing them, but they’re not for me. I have a really long torso for a girl, so when I put on a pair of low rise jeans, it looks like I’m being cut in half. It’s kind of hilarious, but mostly just terrible.

Remy Marin

Skidmore '15

Remy is an English major and dance minor at Skidmore College. In addition to being CC, Remy is the VP of Outreach of Skidmore's peer mediation group and apprentice for Mediation Matters in Saratoga Springs.