Esme Edwards, Class of 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Campus Profile: Esmé Edwards

Year: 2019

Major: Social Work

Hobbies/Activities: Eating, Sleeping, Opening my fridge and just staring into it

Hometown: New York, NY

Relationship Status: single

HC: What’s your go-to Saturday night outfit?

EE: I basically wear the same thing out every Saturday night. Which means black jeans, a black top and black boots, like a cool spy. Maybe in the Spring I’ll switch it up but probably not.

HC: If you had to throw a themed party, what would the theme be?

EE: I have the idea to throw a Bachelor or Bachelorette themed party but I haven’t totally got the idea together. I think there would be a lot of roses and cocktails, but also that means lots of yelling so I’m still figuring it out. Or a “dress as your favorite Vine” party, so like it would be a celebration of the life of Vine and what it gave us. #ripVine

HC: What things do you look for in a guy (physical or emotionally)

EE: Definitely someone with a sense of humor and a relaxed attitude. I don’t have any physical requirements but I like people with nice eyes! And I really like Chipotle, so maybe someone who would want to go there a lot. And pay for extra guac :) Oh and someone who had good TV show suggestions for me to watch, I am always running out so that would be helpful.

HC: What 5 items would you send your daughter in a care package at college?

EE: Definitely cold medicine, cool pens to write with, cash, salt and vinegar chips and then like something that was an inside joke between us (I don’t have a daughter so I don’t know what our inside joke is!!) But I think that would be cute.

HC: What’s your most embarrassing moment at Skidmore?

EE: On the first day of school last year I walked into the glass door of DHall. Like hard, you could see my face imprint and I think a little concealer got on the glass. I was trying not to cry and was trying to assess who had seen it,  and then someone’s dad came up to me and was asking if I was okay which was really nice. So whoever’s dad that was thank you.  

HC: What would the tagline in a movie about your life be?

EE: . She is afraid. She is totally alone. She is 3 million light years from home. (I stole this from E.T. but I think it applies).

Emma Bernstein

Skidmore '19

Senior polisci major with a passion for matcha, Cristiano Ronaldo, late-night political comedy, and bucket hats.
Gwen is a senior, English major, and co-CC of Her Campus Skidmore. She spends a lot of time watching Pretty Little Liars and Fixer Upper, listening to music, staring at her comptuer screen and wishing words would come easier, and waiting for the New York Islanders to win another Stanley Cup (preferably at the Coli). Also, she really likes cheese and is trying to learn to skateboard. It's not going very well.