Couples Edition: Josh and Lauren

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

How did the two of you meet?

Josh – “I was hosting my housemate’s birthday party at our house. I noticed Lauren come in with a mutual friend of ours and I thought this was an opportune time for me to introduce myself. I went up to her and said, ‘By the way, my name is Josh’, and I held out my hand. I felt so smooth that night”.

Lauren –  “My friend had invited me to a mutual friend’s party. After grabbing a drink, Josh just approached me and introduced himself. He looked so much like the kid from Breaking Bad! The next thing I knew, we were making plans to go downtown together the next night.”

What’s the most fun date you two have ever gone on?

Josh – “We went on a night hike in Northwoods. It was a little dangerous with the half melted snow and low visibility but there’s something romantic (and hilarious) about my girlfriend sliding down the icy hill back toward the apartments.”

Lauren – “One night we were coming back from DA’s and we noticed that all the lights were on in Palamountain. It was like, 3 am, so clearly no one was in there. We snuck into the building and took it upon ourselves to be sustainable and turn off all the lights. We were being rebellious and environmentally friendly.”

What is your favorite thing about the other person?

Josh – “Lauren is such a kind and loving person. Every day I’m fortunate enough to spend some of my time with her. Everyone needs someone like her in their lives.”

Lauren – “He always knows how to make me laugh. And he’s a great cook!”

Where’s your favorite date restaurant?

Josh and Lauren – “Ravenous, easy. The small restaurant has some of the best food in Saratoga Springs but it also has a great atmosphere. We’ve done date night twice there and Josh is pushing for a third one.”

Ileana is a senior at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York. She lives in Eugene, Oregon when not at school. Ileana is studying Sociology and English. She loves writing, decorating clothing, and spending time with friends. You can also check out her personal blog at http://sometimesiweartiaras.wordpress.com/. Thanks for reading!