Campus Cuties Sweetheart Edition: Lauren & Justin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Whether you are single or taken, Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. It may seem impossible to find “relationship-material” on a small college campus, but do not despair, it can be done. Campus couple Lauren & Justin offer us an inside look at their relationship, showing us that love may be just around the corner (or behind us in class!). 

Name: Lauren Desormeau

Year: Class of 2020

Major: Studio Art

Hometown: Latham, NY

Name: Justin LaRose

Year: Class of 2020

Major: Business

Hometown: Mansfield, MA

HC: How long have you been dating?

Lauren: Two months!

Justin: In one day it’ll be two months!

HC: How did you meet?

Justin: Can we doctor this one a little bit? Let’s put it this way. I saw her in business class and thought, “wow, she’s really cute”. Then I sent her an Instagram DM.

HC: Are you proud of that?

Justin: No. I’m happy I did it now, I wish I had done it a different way. But it worked.

Lauren: You sat behind me in business class. He messaged me and I was like “oh man, it’s that know-it-all from my business class”. Even after he messaged me he still wouldn’t say hi in class.

Justin: I was nervous! You were really cute.

HC: What did you do on your first date?

Lauren: He took me to the movies and then to dinner.

Justin: Because I’m awesome.

Lauren: He is awesome.

HC: What’s the nicest thing they’ve ever done for you?

Lauren: He took care of me the morning after I fell ill from food poisoning.

HC: That’s love.

Lauren: I know.

Justin: She literally helped me clean my entire room. From top to bottom. Like fold clothes, wash clothes, the entire thing.

HC: Justin, what’s your favorite thing about Lauren?

Justin: Her eyes.

HC: Lauren, what’s your favorite thing about Justin?

Lauren: The way he laughs at literally everything, even when it’s not that funny.

Morgan Fechter

Skidmore '20

CC of HC Skidmore