tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cuties: BFF Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Name: Francesca Green

Class Year: 2017

Major: International Affairs and Social Work

Hometown: Cooperstown, NY

Name: Sydney Randall

Class Year: 2017     

Major: Environmental Studies

Hometown: New Gloucester, Maine

How long have you guys been best friends?

Francesca: DAY ONE OF SKIDMORE!! (orientation day)

Sydney: First day Freshman year!

What do you two have in common?

Francesca: We have the same kind of humor, we both sing, we come from big families so we both eat really fast. We’re also both in love with each other so there’s that.

Sydney: A scary amount of things honestly, we both love to sing and play soccer and pretend like we know how to dance. We also both come from huge families so we understand the insanity that brings.  For the first month or so of knowing each other we literally would stop our conversation and freak out about how similar our lives were (sometimes it still happens).

What do you guys enjoy doing together?

Francesca: Driving in the car, blasting bad music and shouting along. Having milk and cookie dates in DHall. Procrastinating. Singing at Open Mics. Basically everything.

Sydney: Pretty much anything! Whether its watching Parks and Rec and eating seven bags of goldfish (each) or singing at an open mic or spending the entire day in Uncommon Grounds pretending to do work is always the best time.

If you had to use one word to explain one another, what would you use?

Francesca: Obnoxious <3

Sydney: Stoopid

What’s your best memory with one another?

Francesca: Our first 5am Saturday morning radio show last year. Both of us still feelin’ the fun from Friday night…

Sydney: I think one of my favorites was when she totally surprised me for my 19th birthday and came up to Maine! When she walked through the door I thought I was going to cry (I think I did a little actually).

What is Sydney’s/Francesca’s spirit animal?

Francesca: A Pteranodon…specifically Petrie from The Land Before Time.

Sydney: The English Angora Rabbit. If you don’t know what it is look it up, it will change your life.