Campus Catwalk: Top 5 Spring Sandals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

The cold weather is finally ending and we’re all ready to put away the winter wardrobe for good! That means digging into our pockets and splurging on some new spring pieces, especially some cute, new sandals. After all, what better way to spring-ify any outfit than showing off that new pedicure? Read on for five of the latest sandal trends that are hitting campus this spring!

Platform
This is hottest trend this season! A new take on the traditional sandal, this style just takes it up a few inches. It’s a great way to work a casual heel without looking too fancy!

Pour La Victoire Noelle Strappy Wedge, Urban Outfitters ($249)

Ankle Strap
This simple sandal is the top feminine style of this season. The ankle strap offers support and a fun accent while accentuating your legs! Not to mention, orange is a hot color for this season. What more could you want for spring?

Brendle, Aldo ($60)

Platform Wedge
It’s no secret that wedges are popular right now. Recently, we’ve watched them go from nighttime wear to casual, sunny daywear. Now, however, this classic heel is reaching new heights (literally) with the added in-season platform, giving that cute spring outfit a necessary edge.

T-Bar Wedge, Zara ($49)

Chunky Straps and Buckles
Where last season we saw a lot of thinly strapped, feminine sandals, this spring will be bringing in some heavier styles. Practical and eye-catching, these flats would be a great centerpiece to any simple outfit.

Florida Simple Buckle Sandals, Top Shop (£38)

Color Block
This bold palette is showing up on numerous sandal styles. It’s a way to add some color to your wardrobe without worrying about matching an intricate pattern.

Tingo T-Straps, Anthropologie ($78)

We know how much a skiddie treasures her warm weather, so treat yourself to one of these adorable new sandal styles for spring!

As the Senior Designer, Kelsey is responsible for the conceptualization and design of solutions that support and strengthen Her Campus on all levels. While managing junior designers, Kelsey manages and oversees the creative needs of Her Campus’s 260+ chapters nationwide and abroad. Passionate about campaign ideation and finding innovative design solutions for brands, Kelsey works closely with the client services team to develop integrated marketing and native advertising campaigns for Her Campus clients such as Macy’s, UGG, Merck, Amtrak, Intel, TRESemmé and more. A 2012 college graduate, Kelsey passionately pursued English Literature, Creative Writing and Studio Art at Skidmore College. Born in and native to Massachusetts, Kelsey supplements creative jewelry design and metal smithing with a passion for fitness and Boston Bruins hockey. Follow her on Twitter: @kelsey_thornFollow her on Instagram: @kelsey_thorn