This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Profile: Alli Burdick

Year: 2017

Major: German

Hometown: Glenmore, PA

Hobbies/Interests: Ceramics, knitting, hiking, making kombucha, instagramming my dogs

HC: What would the itinerary for your ideal day look like?

AB: Wake up and then go to a really nice yoga class. Then shower. Then I would get a really good lunch at a health food place, maybe a quinoa/sweet potato salad or something. Maybe get a matcha afterwards and then just hang out with friends. Maybe another shower in there. I love showering.

HC: What is the best class you’ve taken at Skidmore?

AB: I’ve really liked the classes I’ve taken in the religion department but my favorite is ceramics.

HC: What would your freshman self be surprised to know about your senior self?

AB: That you can do whatever you want and you shouldn’t be afraid.

HC: What are your three essentials for a super fun night out?

AB: Good friends, a killer outfit, and the music I jammed to as a 10 year old.

HC: What will you miss most about Skidmore once you graduate?

AB: Being with my friends all of the time and having a social life.

HC: What is your dream job?

AB: It would involve mentoring and helping people better their lives in a way that they want to. I don’t want to force anything on them but just to aid them in bettering their lives.

HC: What are your singer/tv show/food guilty pleasures?

AB: I love Keeping up with the Kardashians. I really love coffee but I try not to drink it a lot. I really like JBiebs…

HC: What is one thing that you don’t think most people know about you?

AB: My tailbone double hooks so I can’t do sit ups because they hurt my butt.

HC: What is the best piece of advice you’ve received during your 4 years at Skidmore and what is one piece of advice you’d like to pass along?

AB: What I’ve been given is just to cherish every moment and don’t ignore the present because you’re focusing on the future. To other people, don’t sacrifice who you are just for others because it’s not worth it, you’re the only one who will make yourself happy.

Emma Bernstein

Skidmore '19

Senior polisci major with a passion for matcha, Cristiano Ronaldo, late-night political comedy, and bucket hats.
English Major and Business Minor at Skidmore College and new Co-CC of Skidmore HC. Spends free time hanging out with friends, taking yoga classes and dancing, and admittedly binge-watching her favorite Netflix shows.