7 Ways to Feel Healthy for Each Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Once spring rolls around, we all get that jolt of renewed energy, not to mention a new found desire to tone up. Skidmore’s campus offers a lot of fast, easy ways to exercise without taking that long walk to the sports center, and we’re here to share some of our favorite easy ways to feel healthy for every day of the week.

Sunday: Take a Hike
The spring birds are calling! Take advantage of the warm weather with short walk through Skidmore’s 150 acre North Woods. There’s nothing like getting closer to nature to help you forget about that English paper you’ve put off for a week.

Monday: Sign Up for a Free Exercise Class

When you’re faced with another monotonous Monday, keep your eyes peeled for free classes offered at the sports center, which offers everything from Yoga to Zumba. The classes are usually an hour long and provide a great, healthy study break throughout the week. If week days aren’t your thing, the yoga club holds classes every Saturday and Sunday for only $3 a class!

Tuesday: Use the Stairs
If you’re heading to the quiet floor or the writing center, bypass the elevator and head up that circular staircase! By the time you hit the third floor you’ll be feeling the “Lucy Scribner” burn.

Wednesday: Soak Up Some Vitamin-D
Celebrate hump day by grabbing a pair of shorts and a blanket and hitting the green. Getting regular sunlight makes you feel happier, so take advantage of the gorgeous weather! Besides, the green on a nice afternoon is the best place to spy on cute guys.

Thursday: Play a Sport with Friends
Nothing gets your heart rate up like a little competition! Grab a friend or two and pass a soccer ball or football with your friends on the green, take advantage of that volleyball court behind your Northwoods house, or borrow some tennis rackets from the gym and practice your swing on the court. If it gets a little chilly, take it inside for some recreational basketball. Anyone remember H-O-R-S-E?

Friday: Stock Up on Fruits and Veggies

The farmer’s market in Case every Friday is an awesome opportunity to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies. Keeping healthy snacks in your room will help you resist junk food and make a quick and easy breakfast on days when you have that dreaded 8:40am class.

Saturday: Walk Downtown
Start your weekend off right and take a stroll downtown to do some window-shopping, errands or to grab a healthy lunch. If you find yourself at Eugenio’s, treat yourself to some low-fat gelato; it’s half off if you show your Skidcard!

We may only have a little less than half a semester left, but there’s still time to get in shape before summer. The weather’s getting warmer, so get outside and be active! Mixing that with a healthy diet will help to ensure that you feel healthy and, more importantly, confident for Spring. 

As the Senior Designer, Kelsey is responsible for the conceptualization and design of solutions that support and strengthen Her Campus on all levels. While managing junior designers, Kelsey manages and oversees the creative needs of Her Campus’s 260+ chapters nationwide and abroad. Passionate about campaign ideation and finding innovative design solutions for brands, Kelsey works closely with the client services team to develop integrated marketing and native advertising campaigns for Her Campus clients such as Macy’s, UGG, Merck, Amtrak, Intel, TRESemmé and more. A 2012 college graduate, Kelsey passionately pursued English Literature, Creative Writing and Studio Art at Skidmore College. Born in and native to Massachusetts, Kelsey supplements creative jewelry design and metal smithing with a passion for fitness and Boston Bruins hockey. Follow her on Twitter: @kelsey_thornFollow her on Instagram: @kelsey_thorn