6 TV Characters We’d Want as Real Life BFFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Obviously we love our friends, but every once in a while we watch a TV show and wish one of the characters were part of our own friend group. Whether we’re convinced she’s our long-lost sister, think he’s hilarious, or know she’d always be there to help us out, we can’t help but hope that one day, they’ll jump from the screen right into our lives. Check out the top six TV characters that we’d love to call our BFFs. 

Mindy Lahiri

If you love fast food, sarcasm, romantic comedies, and making seemingly ridiculous—yet surprisingly adept—pop culture references, then Mindy from The Mindy Project is your ideal BFF! Though she’s a Princeton educated OB/GYN living in an amazing apartment in NYC, she’s a bit of a mess at times… but what’s the fun in being friends with someone who has it all together?

David “Gordo” Gordon

We’d have to say that Gordo is definitely one of the best TV BFFs around. He is unfalteringly loyal to his best friend, Lizzie, even when she takes him for granted—so loyal that he even tries to help Lizzie attract the attention of Ethan Craft despite his own massive crush on her. Plus, he’s funny and always has the best advice, so who wouldn’t want to be his BFF?

Serena van der Woodsen

She’s down-to-earth (well, at least compared to the rest of “Manhattan’s elite”) and always has her friends’ backs when they’re in crisis. But okay, honestly, most of all, who wouldn’t want to be able to borrow clothes from Serena’s closet?

Raj Koothrappali

Raj is an astrophysicist who loves Grey’s Anatomy, Sex and the City, and Bridget Jones’s Diary. So if you’re looking for a friend who can help you pass that class you have to take to fulfill your natural science requirement and who loves to watch the same things you do, Raj is the BFF you need. He’s a bit socially inept and has only recently begun talking to girls, but his awkwardness is what makes him so hilarious.

Jessa Johansson

All right, so we wouldn’t exactly say she wins the award for BFF of the year… In fact she might even totally disappear just when you need her most. But when she does happen to be around—from surprise weddings to her cringe-worthy comments—you know there will never be a dull moment with Jessa as your BFF.

Stefonné “Stefon” Zoelesky

If you want a BFF who’ll take you to all the hottest (read: sketchiest) clubs, or if your closet is overflowing with Ed Hardy (meaning you’re probably either Jon Gosselin or were part of the cast of Jersey Shore), Stefon is the best friend you’ve been waiting for. He’s always energetic and knows exactly where to go for a good time. With Stefon as your BFF, you’ll never have a boring Saturday night again!

Which TV character would you want to be your BFF? Tell us in the comments!