5 Simple Habits to Stay Healthy on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

In college there is a little more effort required to stay healthy. If you don’t create some good habits, you can easily get off track. I, for one, have a hard time keeping up with my health. For that reason I have put together not only plausible but easy ways to maintain good health!

1. Eat a serving of fruit everyday

Yes, I know it sounds like a lot, but just think about it as incorporating fruit into one meal a day. Personally, breakfast is my favorite time to eat fruit.

2. “Water Diet”

1.  

This is the most important one on the list. Water is what keeps everything running correctly in your body. You don’t realize how much juice/ soda you drink until you stop. Drink strictly water for a week and not only will feel the changes, you’ll see them too.

1. Stretch/ Exercise

Exercising is important as well, but it tends to be something people don’t have time for. It’s better to do some form of exercise than not at all. Take about ten minutes each day to at least stretch out your muscles.

1. Sleep Sleep Sleep

Get your full sleep cycle! Without enough sleep, simple tasks can become much harder. Also, power naps shouldn’t be more than 45 minutes.

1. Ease up on the fried foods!

This is a lot to ask, but try cutting fried foods out of your diet. You can start by decreasing from 3 times a week to one time a week, etc.

Morgan Fechter

Skidmore '20

CC of HC Skidmore