This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

If you’re worried about those cold winter nights when you would go to the D-hall if it were only 10 degrees warmer (but instead you stay in your dorm under the covers, secretly wishing you had something in your stomach), this article is for you! We know that you’re tired of Easy Mac and ramen, so check out these easy dorm recipes. You can make them in the dorm kitchen with limited preparation and ingredients—we promise!

Cake in a Mug

What you need:

• One box of angel food cake mix
  • One box of cake mix (any kind you’d like)

Mix the two together. (With one box of each, you will have enough mix to last you a semester, if you eat this everyday.) Next, you need a mug.

Then, add three tablespoons of the combined cake mixes and two tablespoons of water to the mug. Microwave for one minute and there you have it! Easy to do in basically two minutes!

Pasta

Believe it or not, you can make pasta in the microwave.

What you need:

• ½ cup of pasta (not spaghetti)
  • 1½ cups of water

Put the pasta in a bowl or mug with water and cook it in the microwave for three and a half minutes. You can buy pre-made pasta sauce or eat it plain, whichever you prefer!

S’mores

Even though Hershey’s bars are crazy expensive for us broke college students, there is a way to enjoy this classic campfire treat in your dorm room that won’t break the bank!

What you need:

• 1 graham cracker
  • As many chocolate chips as you want
  • Marshmallows

Put a graham cracker on a plate, sprinkle chocolate chips over it, and then rip apart marshmallows and put those on top of the chocolate chips. Cook in the microwave for 25 seconds, and you’re good to go!

[pagebreak]

Nutella Popsicles

What you need:

• 2 cups of Cool Whip
  • 6 tbs of Nutella
  • 1 cup of Milk
  • 12 Popsicle sticks
  • 1 ice cube tray

Mix the ingredients together and put them in an ice cube tray with the sticks in each hole, then put them in the freezer over night!

Pizza

When you can’t spend any more money in the Spa or on Domino’s delivery, try this easy and cheap pizza recipe that you can make in your dorm kitchen!

What you need:

• 1 large flour tortilla
  • Pizza sauce
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Pepperoni or other toppings

Spread the pizza sauce over the tortilla. Don’t use too much, or your crust will be soggy. Then, sprinkle the cheese on top of the sauce and cover only one half of the tortilla with your other toppings. Put in the microwave for one minute. Fold the tortilla over and there you go! An easy and delicious pizza to make in your dorm.

Which of these recipes are you dying to try in your dorm? Tell us in the comments, or share an easy dorm kitchen recipe of your own!

Sara Pion

Skidmore

My name is Sara Pion, I am a student at Skidmore college and originally from Boston Massachussetts. I love all things fashion and doing DIY crafts.