10 Skidmore Reactions to our Best and Weirdest Rankings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Our beloved Skidmore has accumulated some highly deserved appraisals from institutions like Newsweek, US College Ranking, and Niche College Rankings over the past few years, while at the same time making some less flattering lists. Here are some of the ones we appreciate—and in some cases, question—the most, as told by our favorite TV and movie characters.

1. 1 of 25 New Ivies, Newsweek (2013) 

Move over, Harvard. Olive Pendergast knows what’s up.

2. #1 to Skidmore’s Drastic Measures at Woodland Concert Series Quarterfinals, Newsline (2013). 

Congratulations to Skidmore’s very own Drastic Measures for winning first place at this impressive a cappella competition. The Drastics are only one of the six incredibly talented groups on campus, all of which bring the treble. (Sorry, had to.)

3. #9 Happiest Schools, Newsweek and College Prowler (2012).

This creepy dude from Duck Dynasty actually sums it up pretty well. 

4. #9 (A+) Best Off-Campus Dining, Niche College Rankings (2013).

Whatever type of food makes you do this; you’ll find it in Saratoga. Druthers, Chianti, Phila Fusion, Cantina, and Putnam Market are just a few of the diverse and delicious eateries that can be found within about a mile of campus. 

5. #2 Easiest Campus to Get Around, Princeton Review (2011).

An accurate depiction of how we feel when we have class on the third floor of Tisch. Those. stairs.

6. #8 Dorms Like Palaces, Princeton Review (2012).

So maybe this doesn’t happen when you open the door to your room, but its way nicer than other college dorms you’ve seen over Skype. Though there are those triples…

7. #8 Most Accessible Professors, Princeton Review (2011).

A genuine expression felt in the classroom by teachers and students alike. 

8. #1 Birkenstock-Wearing, Tree-Hugging, Clove-Smoking Vegetarians, Princeton Review (2011).

We’re taking credit for making Birkenstocks cool again. 

9. #1 Reefer Madness, Princeton Review (2013).

Who, us?

10. #10 Worst College For Meeting Men, Cosmopolitan (2013).

We’d rather go dancing with the girls! #Feminism.

English Major and Business Minor at Skidmore College and new Co-CC of Skidmore HC. Spends free time hanging out with friends, taking yoga classes and dancing, and admittedly binge-watching her favorite Netflix shows.