This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Instead of putting together my typical HC Skidmore playlist, I thought today I’d list some of my current music recommendations. I’ve been taking my fair share of walks now that it’s been pretty consistently warm outside, which means I’ve been listening to a lot of music while I do. So much great new music comes out around this time of year, so here are, in my humble opinion, the best new-ish releases for your summer 

1. Lovely Little Lonely – The Maine 

I’m usually not a big fan of The Maine, but every second of this album is perfection. If you can only listen to one song, make it Lovely into Black Butterflies and Déjà Vu. 

2. Divide – Ed Sheeran 

Do I even have to explain this? My current favorite is Galway Girl.

3. Slow Burn – State Champs

Okay, this is a single, not an album, but I’ve had it on repeat since it came out. 

4. Kissing Strangers – DNCE

Another single. Joe Jonas has never let me down. 

5. Anything and everything off of blink-182’s Deluxe Version of California, which comes out in full on July 1. Right now, I’m really into Parking Lot. 

Happy listening! 

Gwen is a senior, English major, and co-CC of Her Campus Skidmore. She spends a lot of time watching Pretty Little Liars and Fixer Upper, listening to music, staring at her comptuer screen and wishing words would come easier, and waiting for the New York Islanders to win another Stanley Cup (preferably at the Coli). Also, she really likes cheese and is trying to learn to skateboard. It's not going very well.