Your Guide to A Successful and Stress Free Black Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Its that time of year again ladies- the day we all hate to love: Black Friday. If you are one of our brave readers who faces the massive crowds at obscene hours in the morning, HC SJU is here to give you some helpful hints on how to snatch the phenomenal deals while minimizing the stress that comes along with it.

Be Fully Prepared

One of the easier ways to reduce the amount of stress that comes with participating in Black Friday is to make sure you’re fully prepared for what you’re getting yourself into. First, make a list and map it out! Don’t be one of those annoying shoppers running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Know what you need and where to get it. This will be a more efficient way to spend the minimal amount of time you have to get the best deals.

Dress Comfortably and Eat Right

I don’t know about you, but in my book, mall trips are a workout category of their own. Multiply the amount of running around, ducking, dodging and sorting that comes with a routine mall trip by about twenty, and you’ll have your very own Black Friday Workout. That being said, make sure you wear comfortable clothes and eat a sustainable breakfast. The less time you have to wait in line at the food court (which will undoubtedly be just as crowded as the stores) the more time you have to shop.

Coupons

Large retail stores are known for sending out coupons the weeks before Black Friday in hopes that customers will use these deals right away in order to lessen the crowds. Be sure to carefully read the fine print before you plan to use any of these coupons on Black Friday, because some can be quite deceptive. Also, make sure to check your favorite retailers websites, some may offer coupons for Black Friday that are only available online.

Shop Online Instead

Although it goes agaisnt some peoples traditions of making the trek to the nearest mall at the crack of dawn with family or friends, I can’t deny that online shopping during Black Friday can be tremendously more convenient. Not to mention you can stay in PJ’s and enjoy Thanksgiving leftovers all in the comfort of your own home. Speaking from personal experience, however, shopping online does not give you the same immense satisfaction that one experiences from grabbing that fantastic bag marked 50% off that ever other woman in the surrounding area was also pining for….

Which ever shopping way you decide to go, enjoy it! Most likely you’ll be spending this day with you’re favorite shopping partner and will undeniably be taking with you not only great deals and fantastic people watching.  Go out there and have fun! 

HCXO

Hi! My name is Alexandra Tait, I am a pharmaceutical marketing major at Saint Joseph's University.