Why Are Sixers Fans Trying to Ban Kendall Jenner from Wells Fargo?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

The Philadelphia 76ers have played an impressive season so far. They’re ranked third in the Eastern Conference Standings and have a home game winning streak… Excuse me, they ***had a home game winning streak. Until Friday, November 23rd when Kendall Jenner attended the Wells Fargo Center to support her rumored beau, Ben Simmons.

We all know Philly has a rather ”passionate” sports crowd. Our fans are cutthroat and willing to flip every car and burn everything in sight. We saw this sort of destruction following the Eagles’ Super Bowl win in 2018 and the Phillies’ World Series win in 2008. However, the destruction just got personal.

When Jenner sat front row at the Sixers’ game, Jimmy Butler left with a knee injury and the team suffered an embarrassing loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers, who are in last place for the East.

Looking for someone to blame besides their precious team, Sixers fans turned to Kendall Jenner and created a petition to ban her from the Wells Fargo Center. Apparently, the 9,000 people who signed this petition think Jenner brought some bad juju to Philadelphia.

Aidan Powers, creator of the petition, says that Jenner is not only “…damaging the future of this franchise, but the livelihood of innocent men…” He continued with the following statement: “If the Jenner/Kardashian family has any shred of decency left, Kendall will never again show her face at the Wells Fargo Center. The absence of Jenner, would return the home court advantage the Sixers have garnered since March of last year.”

Despite the large number of anti-Kendall signatures, there are some fans with words of wisdom. A counter-petition was created, and it wants Kendall Jenner to attend every game. Her presence brings excitement to Philadelphia, and the Sixers could use some positivity on the sidelines. Jenner and Simmons ventured into Rittenhouse Square the next day, and the petition stated, “she’ll soon be spotted at Dalessandro’s mowing down on a steak or Reading Terminal Market crushing a a roast pork sandwich at DiNic’s (w/ sharp prov).”

After the Eagles won the Super Bowl and fans got a celebratory riot out of their systems, the city had a newfound spirit; we had something huge to be proud of and carry us through our days. We’re in a period of major growth where outsiders are flocking to our city to settle, create, and succeed. Face it, Philadelphia is on the rise. If you can’t handle big-name celebrities walking our streets, it’s time for you to move to the suburbs.

XOHC,

Corinne