burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Velvet: Back in Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

I begin every article talking about a trend that used to be in style, left us for a little, then made its way back around. Once again I am back talking about another recycled fashion trend that is hitting stores everywhere: VELVET. The only thing we’ve been doing with velvet in the past 5+ years is putting it into the name of a cupcake and calling it a day. But this famous fabric is currently on every choker, dress, top, and pair of shoes making it the newest trendy sensation.

Not only is velvet super soft but its texture and shine give off a picture perfect look. Some of our favorite celebrities have even chosen velvet for their red carpet debuts! 

Chokers have become statement pieces this season, adding the perfect touch to the most chic going-out outfits! Velvet chokers are the simplest way to add velvet into your style, especially if you aren’t a fan of making it a full outfit. Besides the fact that they are super cute, their color options add a pop to any plain sense of style.

Another perfect way to add a pop of color and a touch of velvet to your outfit is with the famous velvet textured shoes. From sneakers to heels to boots- velvet can cover basically any style of footwear. 

So whether you want to dive into this fashion statement full force with a dress or add simple touches through chokers and shoes, you can’t go wrong with how you style it! Check back for more recycled fashion trends (I’m sure this will stay a recurring thing in 2017) .

HCXO,

Hanna