An Updated Approach to Your Skinny Jeans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Jeans and a t-shirt, the simplest of outfits and one of the easiest go to ensembles! Back in the days jeans tended to be light wash, bell bottoms, with a few jewels embroidering the pockets. As we have gotten older the staple denim seems to have become the dark wash skinny or straight leg pant. In today’s fashion world dark wash skinnies are available in almost every store however that is not to say they are our only option ladies! Here are a few ways denim is enhancing our wardrobes…

Colored Denim: Colored denim has been around for a while now and each season new colors have been introduced. This fall some of the hot colors are forest green, royal blue and maroon! The great thing is that many of these colors will easily transition into your winter wardrobe!

Take a look below at Caroline Lembo (’15) rocking a pair of red skinnies from H&M! 

Black Denim: Basically another pair of colored jeans but there is something magical about a pair of black skinnies. It is important for all girls to have a pair. They are slimming, can make any outfit look high fashion and go with almost anything! Black skinnies can be another go to for the fall and winter and even those cooler spring days. Not to mention Forever21 has black skinnies starting at $7.80 ladies! No need to break the bank!

Sam Weiner (’15) sports her favorite black skinnies from Forever21!

Printed Denim: I first spotted printed denim at a J. Crew store this summer. They had a pair of polka dot printed light wash skinnies. Once those were spotted they began to show up everywhere. Target, Lord and Taylor…you name it they have it. Many prints are showing up as a faded design on denim in various styles, polka dots, hearts, snakeskin or paisley! 

Sam also shared with us her recent purchase from Bare Feet Shoes! Amazing leapored print black denim, mixing two favorites into one!

We have also been obsessing over our fellow HC member, Kiera Stachowiak (’15), printed white denim. Kiera shared with us a preview of her favorite print!

How are you spicing up your staple this fall!?

xo C

Hello HerCampus! I'm Carolyn Mullen, senior Communications major at Saint Joseph's University. As a member of HerCampus SJU I contribute to the style blog and am excited to share with all of you the fashion of our campus!