burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Ugly Christmas Sweater Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

It’s Christmas season ladies! If you’re anything like me, the first week of December marks a whole month of Christmas themed socks, sweaters, and pajama pants. So here are some DIY ugly Christmas sweater inspiration for the snowy season!

1. Christmas String Light Sweater 

Take a waffle knit sweater and weave Christmas lights through the holes! Tape tinsel to the sweater as well to add extra Christmas spirit. Check out this link for more info!

2. Reindeer Sweater

Take a plain black long sleeve shirt and add-on construction paper eyes. Blow up a red balloon to make a red Rudolph nose. Tape on toilet paper rolls to the sleeves to make antlers! Then, you’ll have the perfect reindeer sweater.

3. Tulle Christmas Tree

Take a trip to the Michaels on City Ave and pick up some green tulle to wrap around your sweater. Hook on some ornaments to the tulle and bobby pin a construction paper star to the top of your head. Super cute, right?

4. Snow Globe Sweater

Buy a clear Tupperware lid and duct tape it to the sweater. On the the inside of the Tupperware, add in a stuffed snowman and some ripped pieces of paper to make it look like a winter wonderland snow globe!

5. Fireplace Sweater

Make a construction paper fireplace and tape it to the sweater. Add on gold and silver tinsel to the length of the sweater. Then tape on stockings to the fireplace and tinsel to bring the whole sweater together.

Helpful Tip! If you’re not the most crafty person, be sure to go to the nearest thrift store! There’s bound to be tacky grandma sweaters for sale at a super cheap price! Have fun DIY-ing ladies!

HCXO,

Sofia

Sofia Gundersen-SJU
Senior communications major at Saint Joseph's University with a passion for music and sports Philadelphia / New York City