burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Trendy Items To Revamp Your Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Trendy Items To Revamp Your Closet

There comes a time in everyone’s life where they get sick of their clothes and just want an entirely new wardrobe. But let’s be real, most people don’t have the means to do that right now. Instead of panicking over the thought of spending hours looking for the perfect outfit, or trying on your entire closet for it to only end up on the floor, try adding some of these new  funky items to your closet, and watch them quickly become staples. 

1. A Statement Shoe

Adding a fun shoe to any simple outfit can make it ten times better. You can bring a pair of casual jeans and a top from day to night, just by adding a statement shoe.  This is not limited to a fancy heel. Statement shoes can be anything you want : heels, flats, boots, or sneakers. Pick whatever you’re most comfortable in and you have a fun way to spice up your wardrobe! 

1. Flare Jeans 

This style might not be for those who are attached to their skinny jeans, but Free People’s most iconic jeans are so on trend right now. These flare jeans come in all sorts of color and pattern variations, and truly can work for any season depending how they are styled. I personally love rocking these iconic jeans.

1. Faux Fur 

We all know the infamous teddy coat that pretty much everyone has in their closet by now, but sometimes you need to switch it up a little. . Adding a fur coat to an all black outfit is gorgeous for those nights out when you need to be a little more dressed up.  

1. Blazers 

Adding a blazer to a casual outfit gives off total girl boss vibes, and I know  we all live for that. You can style a blazer in so many more ways than just with a suit. I highly recommend expanding beyond a classic blazer. Try one in a fun color or a non-traditional fabric like velvet.  Another variation of a blazer that’s super in right now is the blazer dress. I guarantee you’ll stand out at every party if you style that just right.  

It is very simple to revamp your wardrobe with only a few new pieces. You can always refresh your style by working in some accessories or a handbag, too. Now, there’s no need to stress over creating trendy outfits or feeling like you need to  to buy all new clothes every season. Always remember, you can never go wrong with the basics or a bold, all black outfit. 

HCXO,

Lauren 

Finance Major
Political Science and English double major, Macaroni & Cheese enthusiast, and book shopping connoisseur. Probably somewhere writing a paper...