Top Three Netflix Shows with a Strong Female Lead

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Jane the Virgin

This American Telenovela is a must watch for anyone. It is centered around a young woman, Jane, who was accidentally artificially inseminated. And, the crazy part is that she is a virgin! Watch Jane juggle her crazy family, love triangles, and crime lords with confidence and charisma!

Gilmore Girls

You can find this dynamic mother daughter duo on netflix as well! Lorelai Gilmore was a teen mom who moved out at 16 to raise her daughter, Lorelai “Rory” Gilmore. If Rory’s name alone doesn’t convince you that this mom is a strong and independent woman than maybe this will; Lorelai worked her way up from being a maid in their quirky small town inn to running it! Go check it out!

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

The name alone proves how strong of a lead Kimmy is in her comedy, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It is about a girl who was held in a bunker with a handful of other women for 15 years. Once she was finally set free she decided to start a life in New York. Kimmy’s youthful energy and spirit keeps her optimistic in the many difficulties life throws at her! Watch Kimmy Schmidt for a good laugh and some positive vibes! 

HCXO,

Bianca

Psychology Major Saint Joseph's University Student 2023
Saint Joseph's University Campus Correspondent