The Top Five Ways to Wear This Springs Hottest New Trend: The Kimono

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

The Asian inspired Kimono is a great way to transition your heavy winter cardigans into something lighter and just as versatile this season. This trend has been paired with countless of outfits for a variety of occasions, making it a useful and inexpensive part of your Spring 2014 wardrobe. Here are five easy ways to pick up on this trend and spice up even the most basic looks, all without breaking the bank.

1) Paired with high-waisted black jeans and a black leather crop top, this outfit is perfect for a night out in the upcoming spring months. (Available at Forever 21 and forever21.com for $27.90)

2) For a more casual approach, pair a Kimono with jean shorts and a tank top, adding a fun and flirty vibe to your outfit for the day. (Available at nastygal.com for $58)

3) For a dressier event, Kimonos can make your look more conservative without appearing boring or outdated. (Available on sale at Urban Outfitters and urbanoutfitters.com for $60)

4) Yes, you can even wear it to the beach! A Kimono can make a great cover-up for any type of  bathing suit style. (Available at topshop.com for $60)

5) This look is both comfortable and professional, paired with leggings and a simple T-shirt, it can be worn to almost any type of occasion.

As you can see, the Kimono is an easy and affordable way to brighten up your springtime attire. With the limitless ways it can be worn, it is sure to become a staple in your wardrobe this season!

HCXO

Hi! My name is Alexandra Tait, I am a pharmaceutical marketing major at Saint Joseph's University.