Spotlight: Mori Diane ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Last week I had the pleasure of interviewing senior, Mori Diane, from the men’s soccer team! Check out his profile below.  

Name: Mori Diane

Nickname: Mawi

Hometown: Annandale, Virginia

Year: Senior

Major: Finance and RMI

Her Campus SJU: Why did you pick St. Joe’s?

Mori Diane: I went to a small, private, Catholic high school so that aspect of St. Joe’s was familiar. I was also interested in studying business and knew that St. Joe’s had a strong program. I liked the campus when I visited and had the opportunity to play soccer here for the D1 team so everything came into place well. 

HC: How are you involved on Campus?

MD: I just finished up my last season playing soccer so I’ve had a lot of time free up. It’s a little weird having so much free time now so I’m considering trying to play club basketball since I wasn’t able to do that while playing soccer. I’m also involved in the Risk Management club Gamma Iota Sigma. 

HC: What was your favorite part of being on the soccer team?

MD: Getting to meet people from all different states and several different countries. Some of my closest friends are on the team and I have gained some lifelong friends from being a part of the program. We all work together every day and the dynamic we have on and off the field is great. 

HC: What are a few of the things on your bucket list?

MD:

1. Skydiving
  2. Cage diving with sharks
  3. Visiting my grandparents in the Ivory Coast again
  4. Open my own Krispy Kreme shop.

HC: Favorite place to eat around St. Joe’s?

MD: Oh, that’s easy. Krispy Kreme.

HC: Should have known…

HC: What’s one thing you can’t live without?

MD: My Bose headphones. I love listening to music so I always have them with me.

HC: Describe yourself in three words.

MD: Energetic, Adventurous, Creative.

HC: What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?

MD: I’m a first generation American. My family is from the Ivory Coast and I used to live there with my grandparents from the age of 4 years old to 6 years old. I also used to spend every summer there up until 7th grade. I didn’t learn English until I started preschool in the United States since we usually speak French at home, but English has become my first language. The French colonized the Ivory Coast so it’s the official language there. 

HCXO,

Paige