Spotlight: Alexis Yurgin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Name: Alexis Yurgin (Lex) Year: Senior Major: Pharmaceutical Marketing Hometown: Clarksboro, NJ

I have had the pleasure of knowing Lex for almost three years now! She is a funny, kind, creative and caring individual. She is extremely dedicated to anything she does and always is there for her friends. At SJU, Lex is on the board for PILOT which stands for the pharmaceutical industry leaders of tomorrow student organization at SJU. Lex has also been in charge of the Spring Concert since last year and has been on the committee since her freshman year. She will oversee and organize the Spring Concert again this year and is excited to pick who will be preforming for her Senior year here at SJU!

HC: What are you involved in on campus? L: I am co-chair of the Spring Concert committee and VP of marketing for PILOT and I have been involved in these clubs since I was a freshman.

HC: What are you looking forward to most for the Spring concert this year? L: Each year Spring concert gets better and better as we learn more about what students want to hear, and what the budget calls for. We want to progress each year and make it better than the last. So ultimately, bringing a fun artist to campus that everyone will enjoy.

HC: What companies does PILOT have coming to campus this year? L: Highpoint Solutions, General Electric (GE) and PILOT is also doing an alumni panel of previous students that were involved in PILOT and have graduated in recent years.

HC: Besides clubs and activities on campus, what are your favorite hobbies? L: I enjoy reading thrillers, eating brunch, attending concerts and doing creative photography.

HC: Favorite campion meal? L: Campions not my favorite but I like to make my own salads. I make a salad that has mixed greens, cauliflower, tomatoes and cucumbers with sesame seeds and balsamic vinaigrette and it is delicious!

HC: Favorite place in Philadelphia and why? L: Union transfer because I think it is the best venue for concerts.

HC: Favorite spot to eat around campus? L: Nudy’s Café is a great spot for brunch or Mt Fuji which has amazing sushi!

HC: What are three things you can’t live without? L: Flaming Hot Cheetos, iced coffee and my camera.

HC: Favorite spot on campus? L: I enjoy the dark room in Boland Hall because I can develop my film.

HC: Most memorable experience at SJU so far? L: Freshman year I interviewed for the spring concert committee and I got the role as a photographer for the show. When I found out who the band was, it just so happened to be my favorite band, Panic at the Disco, by a sheer coincidence. I got to work closely with their management, the months leading up to spring concert and the day of the show I got to meet them!  

HC: Advice for incoming / current freshman? L: Don’t be afraid to do things out of your comfort zone. The connections you make here will stay with you throughout your life.

XOHC,

Courtney