alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Soak Up The Sun: Best Outdoor Bars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Soak Up the Sun! The Best Outdoor Bar Spots

Not ready for that summer sun to go down? Neither are we! HC has dug up some of the best outdoor bar spots in Philadelphia so that you can catch those last few sunrays before we say bye-bye to outdoor beer gardens and hello to some indoor drinking.

1. Manayunk Brewery & Restaurant:

(4120 Main St., Manayunk, 19127)

This St. Joe’s staple lands a spot on our list because of its spacious deck overlooking the Schuylkill. Adorned with string lights, a DJ booth and an outdoor bar, the deck is the perfect place to take your party outside and hit the dance floor. This restaurant also boasts its own brewery license, so craft beer fanatics can enjoy one of the Brewery’s favorite seasonal ales.

2. Sampan’s Graffiti Bar:

(124 S. 13th St. Philadelphia, 19107)

What debuted as an extension of the Sampan restaurant has quickly become one of the best outdoor areas to enjoy some fine Korean dining and some good old fashioned drinking. The Graffiti Bar offers a 30-seat outdoor private patio, with some artwork to catch your eye while you down those sake bombs.

3. Silk City Diner, Lounge and Garden

(Corner of 5th and Spring Garden St., Philadelpia)

The Silk City Diner has been a Philadelphia dining standard for brunch, dinner and nightly entertainment since its installation in 1954. In 2006, the diner underwent renovations to reveal a 3,000 square foot beer garden that has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. With nightly entertainment included, it’s sure to make for a great night out.

4. City Tap House

(3925 Walnut St., Philadelphia, 19104)

Open all year long, City Tap House offers the best outdoor terrace seating to compliment its extensive list of craft beers (60 taps!). Sitting right off of the campuses of Drexel University and the University of Pennsylvania, it’s one of University City’s well-known spots and no stranger to the college kid.

5. Morgan’s Pier:

(221 N. Columbus Blvd., Philadelphia, 19123)

Quickly becoming a Philly nightlife classic, Morgan’s Pier provides the Ben Franklin Bridge as the perfect backdrop to a table full of craft beers and seasonal wines. An outdoor deck complete with a stage for live DJ entertainment is just one more reason to dance these summer nights away at Morgan’s Pier. 

Connie Lunanuova ’16

Clare is currently the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus SJU.  She joined the team in August of 2014 as a contributing writer and later was elected to be the chapter's first secretary.  She is a Chicago native who is currently a junior at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia.  At SJU she is a Communication Studies major, Advertising and Promotions minor, and is a member of Alpha Gamma Delta. This upcoming summer, Clare will be interning at BHLDN, an URBN company.