SJU Student Live-Tweeted Her Tinder Date and it’s Hilarious

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Senior Krista Jaworski live-Tweeted her Tinder date and it is quite possibly the funniest thing I’ve seen in awhile. Check out her Tweets, and also read a little bit about the date and why she decided to live Tweet it in the first place!

Her Campus: What made you first decide to live tweet your Tinder date?

Krista Jaworski: already tweet often, and when the plans about this Tinder date were becoming real I joked about live tweeting it. But as most things with me go, it starts as a joke then I realize it’s actually a great idea. I already live tweet the Bachelor every Monday, so I figured my followers would already half expect it from me.

HC: It was a double date with your roommate, Daniela– did you guys both meet these boys on Tinder?

KJ: I was talking to the kid on Tinder, and it wasn’t even a spectacular conversation- small talk about school mostly. Eventually he gave me his number and I recognized the area code to match mine, and we found out we’re both from generally the same area. We hit it off after that, and he asked me out. I said sure, then thought, “Oh man gotta be careful, this guy could be a serial killer.” Having already caught Daniela up on this whole situation (obviously), I suggested he bring a friend and I bring my roommate and we make a night out of it. He was cool with that, so we had our plan.

HC: Tell me a little bit about your date. Are these guys SJU students? Where did you go? Who decided on the restaurant? How was the food?

KJ: Both my guy and Daniela’s go to Drexel. My guy suggested a bunch of restaurants in the city, and we ended up at Buddakan, this swanky Asian restaurant. I left the decision up to him since they probably knew good places near their campus. I recognized my guy from his profile, and he had given me the name of his friend so I recognized him too. It was funny actually, we openly discussed how we all Facebook stalked each other prior to the date. Daniela and I ripped a tequila shot, and Ubered to the city. We walked in, saw them, were seated, and the date began. The restaurant was so bougie, I mean our waiter (who we loved) told us about a $200 steak and truffle special. We ordered a bunch of small plates (all amazing) and split them all. It was fun, and at the end my guy paid. Classy move. They drove us back to a bar in Manayunk for our friend’s birthday, which had been been our escape plan if the date sucked. Luckily we didn’t need it, but we went out anyway. And that was the night!

HC: What was your first impression of the boy?

KJ: When I saw him when we walked in, he looked like his pictures on Tinder so I mean that’s all I could ask for a first impression, right? It’s funny already texting someone for a few days, then meeting them for the first time in real life (21st century, am I right). He was super cool though, and very similar to me. We were both laid back but outgoing. We used the same weird lingo. I kept thinking of how well we were getting along since all of this started with a mediocre Tinder conversation honestly.

HC: How did you live tweet the date without either of the guys seeing?

KJ: started the live tweets in the Uber on the way there. I wanted to be polite on a first date so I didn’t really touch my phone during dinner, except when I went to the bathroom and updated my situation. Gotta give the fans what they want. Just kidding, but way more people cared about this than I thought they would. I continued to tweet when they drove us home, and wrapped up the session back in Manayunk.

HC: Overall, how was the date?

KJ: It was great! I’ve been on way worse first dates, so no complaints here. It was super easy going and conversations were natural- we joked about how this was my first tinder date, and how the guys were both underdressed. Daniela and I went into it with zero expectations, thinking literally anything could happen, and came back with a really fun night. Later we thought we should make this a thing- keep going on double Tinder dates and continue to live tweet/blog about it. It was fun, I’d do it again.

HC: Have you stayed in touch with the boy you went with/ would you ever tell him you live tweeted the date?

KJ: Yes we actually went on a second date and have plans for a third. Ha who knew. I have not told him about live tweeting the date. Knowing him now, I think he’d probably find it hilarious, so maybe one day I’ll tell him. We’ll see.

Her Campus SJU wishes Krista and her new flame the best of luck!

HCXO,

Alyssa