This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Fall is the best season.  Yes, I said it. Beautiful colors everywhere, fun foods to eat, exciting activities to partake in, and of course, the BEST photo ops for Instagram and VSCO.  Philly has tons of autumn pastimes you can engage in, and this year St. Joe’s has a super amazing exclusive event for SJU students! 

Hawktoberfest is being held this upcoming Thursday, October 3rd, from 5-7pm in the Campion Courtyard (area next to The Perch, behind DB).  This event is being held by Hawk Hill Productions, a student activities board that plans events for SJU students at little to no cost throughout the year.  So far this year, they’ve already organized an extremely successful Welcome Week, complete with a concert from Drake Bell, along with numerous other trips and functions.  And it’s not even October yet! They are sure to present yet another awesome event at Hawktoberfest. I am so excited for all of the fun things that will be going on! 

On the grass, there will be an on-campus pumpkin patch.  A PUMPKIN PATCH. Ya know, the thing where you can pick your own pumpkin to paint or carve!?! Give me all the pumpkins… please.  There will be stations to carve or decorate your pumpkin that you can bring back to decorate your dorm, spice up your apartment, or gift to a friend!

But wait… there’s MORE.  After you paint your pumpkin to perfection, you can take photos at an adorable photo booth with props.  My Instagram followers better get ready for basic fall posts. I can’t wait to get some new photos of me, my friends, and my pumpkins.

You might be thinking to yourself right about now, “Wow, with all these things to do, is there going to be anything to eat?”.  Would I dare write an article about an event without delicious foods to snack on? No. Of course not. Let us discuss the menu.  In true fall fashion, there will be apple cider to drink and apple cider doughnuts to munch.  

But wait… there’s MORE.  AGAIN. Here comes my favorite part: a Make-Your-Own Caramel Apple station!!! Need I say more?

Hawks, get ready for some major fun this week.  Make sure to stop by Hawktoberfest this Thursday! I hope to see you all there:)

Follow Hawk Hill Productions on Instagram @sju_hhp !

HCXO,

Mikayla

Business Administration Major Music and Food Lover
Saint Joseph's University Campus Correspondent