This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

With the last spooky season of the decade almost in full swing, ready up for the best movies this autumn has in store. These films will impress casual moviegoers and film buffs alike.

IT CHAPTER TWO (September 6)

This sequel brings back the original gang, now as adults, as they overcome with the horrors (and the clown!) that plagued them as children.

HUSTLERS (September 13)

JLO. CARDI B. LIZZO. KEKE. Hello?? Need I say more?

THE GOLDFINCH (September 13)

Ansel Elgort stars in this gripping tale about a boy who survives a terrorist attack in Metropolitan Museum  that is based on the Pulitzer Prize winning novel of the same name. It is sure to make a splash during awards season.

DOWNTON ABBEY (September 20)

Pack your bags girls! We are going across the pond for high society and high tea. Downton Abbey graces our screens again for its major motion picture debut, and I could not be more excited. The original cast gears up for a royal visit that is sure to be plenty of 20th century aristocratic drama and we are totally here for it. Not to mention we can finally answer the age old debate: Upstairs vs. Downstairs. You decide. 

JUDY (September 22)

As a Hollywood icon herself, Renee Zellweger portrays the legendary Judy Garland in a film that is already getting the Oscar worthy buzz both women deserve.

CHARLIE ANGELS (November 15)

Good morning Angels! Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska are back for another rendition of the iconic 70’s television show for the silver screen. These dynamic ladies are bringing the glitz, the glamour, and the fashion in this action-packed reboot.

FROZEN 2 (November 22)

Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and yes, even Sven, return to the big screen for another film in for the beloved children’s movie. Step aside kiddos; I have been waiting six years for this! 

And hey, don’t hog all the popcorn!

HCXO,

Joetta

Business Administration Major Cat lover Recovering Directioner
Saint Joseph's University Campus Correspondent