matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

Remembering ‘Beverly Hills 90210’ and ‘Riverdale’ Star Luke Perry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Many were shocked to hear the news on Monday, March 4 that Luke Perry had died after suffering a massive stroke. Perry was widely known for playing a teen heartthrob on Beverly Hills 90210 as Dylan McKay. Recently, he was adored for his work on Riverdale portraying Archie Andrews father, Fred Andrews. Perry’s role touched the hearts of countless fans, including myself, as he became the caring and protective father on the show. Fellow celebrities and cast mates expressed their thoughts on social media this week as they mourn his passing.

Lili Reinhart took to Instagram to remember Perry through a poem.

“It’s strange to see the world move on. When someone you love, gets taken from you. And the small circumference surrounding you is stuck,” she posted.

Reinhart continued, “We always expect the earth to stand still. For the universe to grieve the loved ones we have lost, along with us. But it keeps moving. Maybe as a sign that we should too. The movement of strangers, like a wave taking us with them.”

Camila Mendes also posted on Instagram her thoughts on Perry’s passing, describing him as “an authentic man who took pleasure in offering us his guidance and wisdom.”

Cole Sprouse shared this photo on his Instagram when news broke of Perry’s stroke captioned “Love you bud.” Sprouse commented in an interview that Perry was a well-loved man.

The CW and producers of Riverdale announced the rest of Riverdale’s run will be dedicated to Luke Perry. Wednesday’s episode concluded with moment to remember Luke Perry.

HCXO,

Melissa

Melissa is a senior studying Elementary Education. 
Saint Joseph's University Campus Correspondent