burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Poshmark: Sell Old Clothes, Make More Money

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Hello fellow broke college students.  How many of you open your closet and see a million shirts, shoes, or jeans that you swear you need but you actually haven’t worn in 5 years? Well there’s an easy way for you get rid of those clothes and make some extra money too: Poshmark! 

Poshmark is an app where you can buy and sell used pieces of clothing that are in fairly good condition! I had tons of clothes I didn’t wear anymore and were just causing clutter in my closet.  Not only did I get rid of clothes I didn’t need, but I actually made an income off of it.  No joke, I got through my last semester solely on money I earned from this app.  So yes, Poshmark actually works.

It’s super easy.  You post an item for sale and someone can buy it immediately or offer you a lower price.  After a sale, you ship the item with a prepaid shipping label and once the buyer receives it, you earn your money!

Here are some tips for Poshmark to get rid of those old clothes and earn some extra cash:

1. Think about what you need.

Yes, I know, you swear you need everything, but if you haven’t worn it in a year, you probably wont wear it again.

2. Follow lots of people

The more people you follow, the more people will check out your closet too.  This way, more people will see the items you’re selling!

3. Keep sharing your items!

Sharing on Poshmark is similar to “retweeting” on twitter.  The more you re-share, the more people will have a second chance to see the item.

4. Reasonably price your items

People won’t buy your stuff if its too high but you also don’t want to price something too low.  Make sure the price matches the condition and value of the product.  Be open to offers too – even if an offer seems low, the cash does add up.

5. Be patient!

The biggest problem with Poshmark is that people get impatient that they are not making a sale.  It may take a little while, but the more followers you gain and the more you re-share your stuff, the more money you’ll make!

HCxo, 

Kelly